PMP Exam Guidance
Since PMP has now become one of the most popular courses in Qatar for professionals from all industries, we get a lot of questions from several PMP students on how to prepare for PMP exam. The following article is an attempt to sum up what you will need to pass this rigorous exam. The content in the article is a combination of the content taken from the website of PMI – Project Management Institute and also some from our expert team of PMP trainers.
To earn your Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential, you need to meet the experience and education requirements, and pass the PMP® examination, a 200-question, multiple-choice test.
Regardless of how advanced your project management experience or education might be, you should still prepare vigorously for the exam. Successful PMP candidates generally use more than one study resource.
On average, successful PMP candidates will spend at least 35 hours in the preparation for the exam.
Tips to Prepare for the Exam
Below are a few key tips to prepare for the PMP exam and pass in the first attempt.
- Review the downloadable PMP handbook .
- Review the Current PMP Exam Content Outline.
- Familiarize yourself with PMP Sample Questions.
- Enroll in a formal study course. The course offered at Excellence Training Centre is an accredited PMI course and a large number of PMPs have passed after enrolling in our course. The advantage of taking a live course with us is that you can have a two way communication with our expert trainer and he can guide you on a one to one basis. You can find more our our PMP review course that we offer in Doha by Clicking Here.
- Review the latest edition of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). It is always a good idea to review PMBOK towards the end of your preparation. If you use it to learn knowlege from the beginning, you might find the PMBOK very boring. Along with PMBOK, we also recommend our Excellence Training Tailer made material as well as material from some other well known publishers. In the first class of the review, our trainer brings along samples of various study material from different authors. The students can then choose what really suits them.
- Find a PMP study group. One of the best ways of finding the PMP study groups is to join our course at Excellence Training. We always encourage the students to study in groups and also provide them support such as making class rooms available for them, which they can use anytime.
- If you are very new to project management and lack the knowledge and experience required, you may also consider CAPM exam. CAPM stands for Certified Associate in Project Management. In Qatar, Excellence Training is the authorized exam centre for CAPM exams which are held through Pearson VUE.
Good luck with your PMP exam prep.