The credential demonstrates mastery of generally accepted technical and operational HR principles independent of geographic region.
Earn HR acclaim with the Professional in Human Resources - International™ (PHRi™) from HRCI®. The PHRi (formerly the Human Resources Business Professional™ or HRBP™), for practitioners based outside of the United States validates professional-level competency, knowledge and skills to help to propel your HR career forward. With the PHRi, you demonstrate mastery of generally accepted technical and operational HR principles in a single international setting.
To be eligible for the PHRi you must meet one of the following conditions for education and/or experience:
- Have at least one year of experience in a professional-level HR position + a master’s degree or global equivalent,
- Have at least two years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a bachelor’s degree or global equivalent, OR
- Have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position.
- Exam time: 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- Exam length: 90 scored questions (mostly multiple-choice) + 25 pretest questions
- Language: English (also available in Spanish - Castilian
HRCI offers year-round assessment opportunities. Testing options vary by geographic location.
Functional Area 01 | Talent Acquisition (19%)
Functional Area 02 | HR Administration and Shared Services (19%)
Functional Area 03 | Talent Management and Development (19%)
Functional Area 04 | Compensation, Benefits, and Work Experience (17%)
Functional Area 05 | Employee Relations and Risk Management (16%)
Functional Area 06 | HR Information Managem