To request a call from a counselor please Click here.
About CFM“Earn distinction, demonstrate your expertise and increase your earning potential. The Certified Facility Manager® (CFM®) credential sets the industry standard for ensuring the knowledge and competence of practicing facility managers. It is an ideal opportunity for experienced FM professionals to distinguish themselves with the most respected global credential in facility management.”
CFM® CertificationThe Certified Facility Manager® (CFM) credential sets the industry standard for ensuring the knowledge and competence of practicing facility managers.IFMA’s certification process is designed to assess competency in the field through work experience, education and the ability to pass a comprehensive exam that covers 11 competencies that make up the facility management body of knowledge. Since the program began in 1992, more than 3,100 facility managers from 32 countries have achieved this prestigious recognition.
Benefits of CFM
Why should I become a CFM?
- Distinguish yourself and assure professional excellence
- Invest in your future, return on CFM expenses increase over time
- Demonstrate your leadership and initiative
- Advance your profession
- Enhance your professional network
Why should employers support the CFM?
- Assure quality and professional standards
- Focus and map professional development of staff
- Increase marketability of your organization and offerings
- Contribute to competitive advantage
STEPS TO CERTIFICATIONThe CFM is earned by passing a comprehensive exam based on the facility management body of knowledge competency areas. Follow the steps below to earn the CFM credential.
- STEP 1: Meeting the Eligibility Requirements
- STEP 2: Taking Preparation
- STEP 3: Filling out the CFM Application
- STEP 4: Submitting the Application and Payment
- STEP 5: Application Approval/Denial and Scheduling the Exam
- STEP 6: Sit for the CFM Exam and Exam Results
- STEP 7: Recertification
STEP 1: Meeting the eligibility requirementsCandidates must meet education and work experience requirements outlined in one of the categories below in order to eligible to sit for the CFM Exam. Candidates will include this information in the CFM Exam application. Once the application is approved, individuals have 90 days to sit for the exam.
|Education||Years of FM Experience|
|FM Masters or Bachelors||03 Years|
|All other education Level||05 Years|
STEP 2: Preparing for the CFM ExamCandidates should prepare for the exam. Excellence Training Centre is the largest tuition provider of CFM and More than 100+ qualification provider in Qatar and the one with the highest pass rates. We produce more Facility Management professionals than any other training center in the country. All candidates will be getting the Local approved Facility Management training Certificate which is approved and recognized in Qatar, After the course completion.These eleven areas have been identified as the core areas of skills and knowledge necessary for a successful facility manager:
- Occupancy and Human Factors
- Operations and Maintenance
- Finance and Business
- Leadership and Strategy
- Performance and Quality
- Facility Information Management & Technology Management
- Real Estate
- Project Management
- Risk Management
Step 3: Filling out the CFM ApplicationEACH candidate must complete the CFM Application before any determination can be made on eligibility requirements. All applications MUST be completed online using the IFMA Credential Application and Maintenance Program (CAMP) found at http://www.ifma.org/my-account/camp. We strongly encourage anyone using CAMP for the first time to please read the CAMP User Guide, and follow the instructions.
Step 4: Submitting the Application and PaymentTo complete the application process, the CFM Application Payment Form must be completed, submitted and confirmed. (Please note: If you asked for preliminary approval, you will need to go back into CAMP and hit Submit and apply payment before your application can move into the approval queue.) If the exam payment has been pre-paid by an employer, the candidate should see the approved CFM Exam Payment form in the “Completed Forms” section of Applications and Forms.
Step 5: Application Approval/Denial and Scheduling the ExamIf the application is approved, the candidate will receive an email with instructions for scheduling an exam date at a one of Prometric Testing Center in a convenient location. The exam eligibility period is three months (90 days) from the date the application is approved, and there are policies regarding rescheduling and/or cancelling an exam date. This information will be included in the scheduling email. The applicant must take the exam during the three month (90 day) period.If an application is denied, the Credentials Manager will follow-up with the candidate accordingly. Any payment that has been processed will be refunded.
Step 6: Sitting for the CFM Exam and Exam ResultsThe CFM Exam, which takes 4 hours to complete, consists of 180 multiple-choice questions delivered in random order. The test is strictly pass/fail based on the total number of correct answers. At the present time, the computerized exam is available in English only.Testing must occur within 90 days of candidate acceptance.If you need to reschedule or cancel your exam date you must contact to Prometric direclty (not IFMA). To review Prometric's policies, click here. If you do not cancel before their deadlines, you will be considered a “no show” and may incur additional charges to reschedule your exam.The candidate is notified immediately after completing the exam regarding pass/fail status. IFMA credentialing staff will confirm the results and process the credential certificate packet if applicable. Candidates should receive certificate packets within 30 days of the successful testing date.
Step 7: RecertificationThe CFM Certification is valid for three (3) years. To maintain the CFM credential, a list of the activities performed along with the appropriate supporting documentation including a processing fee must be submitted to IFMA credentialing department every three years
Where we stand as a CFM tuition providerExcellence Training Centre is the largest tuition provider of CFM and More than 100+ qualification provider in Qatar and the one with the highest pass rates. We produce more Facility Management professionals than any other training center in the country. All candidates will be getting the Local approved Facility Management training Certificate which is approved and recognized in Qatar, After the course completion.
What do we do differently that gets us exceptional results.Our approach is very different to any other tuition provider in the country. We believe that in order to make students pass the CFM exam, you have to get the perfect mix of the following three elements:
- Professional training that makes concepts easy for the candidates and makes their studying efficient.
- Study material that is both easy to understand, easy to retain and above all is very comprehensive and exam focused.
- Self-study from the part of the students after they have got a good training
This is how we provide the perfect mix of the above three elements
- Training: Our trainers are without a doubt best in the market. CFM Qualified trainer with more than 5 years’ experience in training. In order to have a good trainer, one does not just need to have a good grasp of the concepts but also should know of advanced delivery techniques. Our trainers are not only qualified but we have extensively invested in their training to make sure they are ''interactive'' and produce ''results''. One of the most unique thing that we offer is that over half of our teaching faculty are full time career trainers. They take training very seriously.
- Study material: We are the only training center in Qatar to have produced our own tailor made study material for our CFM students. This material includes our ''Excellence CFM Smart Text Book'', ''Excellence CFM Smart Question Bank'' as well as ''Video Recorded Lectures''. We have invested a great deal of money to produce our own study material which is guaranteed to make the students life much easier and get better pass rates. More and more of our students have given credit to our unique study material for their success in the exams. Anyone can teach using bough material. However, It takes a real trainer to develop his own material. Our students don't just pass the CFM exam, they pass by studying much less than a student using just the official study material.
- E-learning portal:An absolute blessing for students to self-study after their training is over. The portal includes a very large bank of resources developed by our expert trainers to help you pass. The resources in our portal include videos, study notes, mock exams, technical articles and much more.“We invite you to visit us and to see for yourself our unique training approach, unique study material and a state of the art e-learning portal that sets us apart from all other in the market.”
Key Features of our classroom lectures
- Qualified tutors who deliver exceptional quality exam focused lectures.
- Exam style questions thoroughly solved in class.
- Every critical concept is followed by a detailed example for better understanding of concepts.
- Regular class test and mock exam.
- Dedicated revision session at the end of the batch for better exam preparation
CFM Credential FAQs
- How do I become credentialed?
- Are there prerequisites or eligibility requirements to take the CFM Exam?
- After submitting my CFM Exam application, how long will it take to get my CFM credential?
- What is the IFMA CFM Exam application fee?
- How many questions need to be answered correctly to pass the exam?
- What if I don't pass the first time? When can I retake it?
- How long do I have to take the exam once I apply? Does it expire?
- What if I can’t take the exam once I schedule it?
- Do I have to recertify?
- I heard the CFM Exam changed, what does that mean?
- What is the difference between a certification and a certificate program?
- How do I become an IFMA member?
How do I become credentialed?
- Meet specific eligibility requirements.
- Assess your readiness and prepare for the exam. Although no specific coursework is required, IFMA provides a variety of resources to help prepare CFM candidates.
- Submit your application through the IFMA website.
- Schedule and pass the exam. After receiving IFMA approval, schedule an appointment to take the exam at one of Prometric’s centers. The 4-hour exam consists of 180 multiple-choice questions, administered through a computer-based testing (CBT) format.
Are there prerequisites or eligibility requirements to take the CFM Exam?Announcement – CFM Eligibility Requirements have changed!To be eligible to sit for the CFM Exam, applicants must meet certain eligibility requirements. As expectations in the world of FM become increasingly complex, IFMA strives to make it simpler for FMs to make the most of professional development opportunities. The eligibility requirements for the CFM Exam have changed. While the requirements for this respected certification are still rigorous, the policy has been simplified.Revised requirements
|Education||Years of FM Experience|
|FM Masters or Bachelors||03 Years|
|All other education Level||05 Years|
After submitting my CFM Exam application, how long will it take to get my CFM credential?
- Once your CFM Exam application and payment are submitted, IFMA will review your application and you will be notified of the outcome by email. The approval process may take up to 21 business days.
- Once approved, you will receive an email with instructions for registering for the exam. You will need to schedule and pass the exam.
- The CFM application should be completed only when you are sure that you are ready to sit for the exam. If you need assistance in determining whether your education and experience fit the exam requirements, please contact [email protected]
What is the IFMA CFM exam application fee?
|CFM Recertification Fee:|
|IFMA members||$550 (Members receive a discount on the exam fee)|
|GSA fee||$529.49 (GSA fees apply to Federal Agency Employees who are eligible for GSA pricing)|
What if I don't pass the first time? When can I retake it?Individuals who have taken the CFM Exam but have not passed it within 12 months are eligible to retake the CFM exam at a reduced retake fee. All other applicants should complete the standard application.
How long do I have to take the exam once I apply? Does it expire?Candidates must take the exam within three months of application acceptance and payment.
What if I can’t take the exam once I schedule it?Prometric’s policy for Cancellation, Rescheduling, No Show or Late Arrival for Scheduled Test): For each candidate who reschedules, cancels, arrives late or does not appear for a scheduled test during the Cancellation/Reschedule Period set forth below, Prometric shall be entitled to the following Cancellation/Rescheduling Fees for such candidate:
|1||31 days or more||No charge|
|2||5 to 30 calendar days prior to test||$40 fee collected by Prometric|
|3||a) less than 5 days before test date, b) fails to appear for a scheduled test, c) presents himself/herself more than fifteen (15) minutes after the scheduled start time for taking the test and is refused admission||The full Test Delivery Fee for the cancelled/rescheduled test|
Do I have to recertify?The CFM certification is valid for three years. Visit https://www.fm.training/cfm-recertification for more details.
What is the difference between a certification and a certificate program?It is the role of TRAINING and its relationship to credentialing that sets these two types of credentials apart. The primary focus of a knowledge-based and/or assessment-based certificate program is to deliver education and training. This credential is directly linked to a training course, that the student must complete, and the credential is proof that its holder has completed the course and achieved its prescribed outcomes. Hence, the purpose of a certificate program is to educate participants, and the assessment is used as a mirror to prove that the associated learning outcomes have been completed. A professional certification, on the other hand, is independent of a training course. The primary focus of a professional or personnel certification is an assessment. Moreover, the assessment conducted by a certification program is independent of a specific class, course, or other education/training program and also independent of any provider of classes, course or programs. With professional certification, the examination is used not as a mirror but as a screen – to separate those who meet the assessment standards from those who do not.
How do I become an IFMA member?Go to www.ifma.org/membership to learn more about becoming an IFMA member. Membership in IFMA shall consist of individuals who support the purposes, vision, mission, goals, core values and Code of Ethicsof the Association. You may join as a Professional Member, Associate Member, Young Professional Member, or a Student Member. Join online and become a member by completing the online membership application at www.ifma.org/membership/mem_apps.cfm.
For QAR 3,500 you get:
- 40+ hours of tuition Plus study material including:
- Hard and soft copy Excellence Smart Text Book
- Hard and soft copy exam standard questions
- Video recorded lectures
- Free one to one support for our students before the exams..
- Free mock exams with reviews.
- 24 Student support assistance
- We have produced the highest number of CFMs in Qatar as compared to any other training centers.
- We have the no. 1 training centre in terms of pass rates in Qatar.
- We are the only CFM training center that has developed its own study material to make learning easier and efficient for students.
- We are the only training center with full time lecturers and special student development lecturers to help students.
- We have an award winning local and foreign visiting faculty, who have produced several global prize winner students across various subjects, courses and countries.
You can contact our CFM Counselors via Call/WhatsApp on these numbers: +974 66918279, +974 77710785, +974 77700397