BECOMING FINANCE SPECIALIST
Certified Finance Specialist (CFS) qualification is aimed at aspiring and practicing finance professionals. CFS develops your knowledge in corporate finance, capital budgeting, Financial accounting, working capital management, capital markets and business combinations. Certified Finance Specialist designation sets an expertise-benchmark for financial management.
CFS is validated and awarded by Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA). CFS is recognized on the Scot-tish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) at level 8 with 80 credit points.
Who is it for?
There are no formal entry requirements for the CFS qualification. This is open to all from school leavers to post graduates and employees who want to increase their knowledge and skills in financial manage-ment. However, it may be of particular interest to:
Financial managers who take
regular financial decisions for
A university student considering
careers in the field of finance
and/or further study
An individual with general
interest in finance and business
TOP REASONS TO JOIN?
Use post-nominal letters ‘CFS’ after your name!
How can I complete CFS?
Duration & Preparation
– Total time to complete the CFS qualification will depend on your back ground and willingness. Exams can be taken any time of the year.
– Excellence Training recommended time is 3 – 6 Months only.
– Hence, you can take whatever time you feel appropriate for your preparation. Our course book is suﬃcient to ensure exam success.
– Our practice questions are important to evaluate your own progress and preparation.
There are two exams in CFS qualification. Duration of each exam is 60 minutes and total mark is 100. You will need to get minimum 50% marks to pass each exam. If you fail, you can always resit the exam. There is no restriction on the number of resit you can attempt.
Exams are only conducted in registered centers on Pearson. Excellence Training Centre is one of the approved exam center in Qatar.
- Total number of exams : 1
- Titles of the exams/units : Finance
- Duration of each exam : 60 Minutes
- MCQs & marks distribution (same for all exams/units) : 20 qualitative MCQs x 2 marks = 40 marks | 15 quantitative MCQs x 4 marks = 60 marks
- Total marks for each exam : 100 marks
- Pass marks : 50%
- Exam : Available through Pearson VUE
- The nature and scope of financial strategy
- Capital ivestment
- Methods of investment appraisal
- Project appraisal : Sensitivity analysis and capital rationing
- Share capital
- Capital structure
- Capital market
- Stock market efficiency
- Dividend policy
- Introduction to working capital management
- Management of inventories and receivables
- Management of cash and payable
- Business Combination
- Business valuations
- Company restructuring
- Islamic finance
- Practice questions and assessments
Why study with IQN and Excellence Training Centre?
Excellence Training Centre and IQN work together to develop a better future for the students taking finance as a career.
IQN is a global organization, providing professional and diploma qualifications in business. IQN understands the need to find recognized, affordable qualifications that fit with work or study commitments as well as your budget. IQN offer accredited, flexible and fast-track qualification to help you upskill or prepare you for your new career in business. IQN qualifications are exclusively offered by registered training centers in every country and suited to professionals, students or any one with interested in a specialist area.
Excellence Training Centre is the market leader in all major finance and accountancy qualifications in the country delivering continuous training for the past 7 years in Qatar.
We have been recognized by various professional bodies for our quality in Training and exams delivery.
We have an award winning local and visiting faculty, who have produced several global prize winners across various subjects, courses and countries.
We will provide you an online E-Learning portal, including discussion forum, video recorded lectures of the classes.
We are the only training centre with full time lecturers and special student development lecturers to help students one on one.
For more Information, Contact:
+974 3111 4395 | +974 7770 2114 | +974 7771 5881 |+974 7770 5530 | +974 3308 8137
+974 7770 3137 | +974 6696 6126 | +974 7099 1106 | +974 7771 3288