Professional Certification in Web Application Development
REFERENCES & MATERIALS
Students can refer to the below material during the course period:
• Lecture notes and slides (Piazza)
• Additional readings (Piazza)
• Source code (Bitbucket)
• Other documentations, readings, and references will be shared via Piazza.
The course requires students to bring their laptops to class, as we go through a set of hands-on exercise
• The course is delivered over a 4-month period
• The lecture will be divided into theoretical concepts followed by a set of exercises that students have to complete before the next session starts
• During the course period, students have to come up with a project idea to work on during the course period, which should be completed by the end of the course.
• Weeks 04, 11, 15 of the course will be dedicated for the students to work on their projects in-class with the support of the instructor.
WEEK 01: INTRODUCTION
• Course introduction
• High-Level Architecture
• Chrome DevTools
• Intro to HTML & CSS
WEEK 02, 03: FRONTEND
• JQuery, Bootstrap and other JS frameworks/libraries
WEEK 04: STUDENTS WORK IN-CLASS ON THEIR PROJECTS’ FRONT-END
WEEK 05, 06, 07: PYTHON
• Introduction to Python
• Problem solving
• Data structures: Lists, dictionaries, sets, queues, stacks, tuples
• Types: numbers, strings, lists, sets, etc.
• Control flow: if, for, while, break, continue, else, pass.
• Reading and writing files
• Introduction to JSON
• Object-Oriented Programming
• Compiling and running python applications.
• Defining modules, packages, and importing them.
• Errors and Exceptions
WEEK 08, 09, 10: DJANGO
• Introduction to Django
• Design patterns: Model-View-Controller (MVC)
• Managing users and admin tools
• URL Patterns and Views
• URL scheme
• Generic Views
• Django Forms, Form classes, Validation, and advanced forms processing techniques.
• Django REST framework
• Integration with 3rd-party service providers
• Application server design considerations such as performance, security, scalability, modularity and best practices.
WEEK 11: STUDENTS WORK IN-CLASS ON THEIR PROJECTS’ APPLICATION SERVERS
WEEK 12, 13, 14: DATABASES
• Introduction to databases (relational & non-relational)
• Getting started with SQL
• Database schema design
• Database statements and expressions
• Querying the database
• Database management tools
WEEK 11: STUDENTS WORK IN-CLASS ON THEIR PROJECTS’ DATABASES
WEEK 16: DEPLOYMENTS & HOSTING
• Writing tests for your application (Unit and Integration testing)
• Deploying your application on Amazon Web Services and having a domain
Key Information About the Course
Level: Beginner - Advanced
Duration: 4 Months
Duration: Group Batch
Contact: +974 7442 2210 | +974 3111 8161
GRADED COURSE ACTIVITIES
This is a graded course, a student should have a C- or more to pass the course. As per the below grading criteria:
Attendance - 35%
In-class labs - 30%
Assignments / Quizzes - 20%
Projects - 15%
LATE WORK POLICY
Be sure to pay close attention to deadlines—there will be no make up assignments or quizzes, or late work accepted without a serious and compelling reason and instructor approval.
LETTER GRADE ASSIGNMENT
Final grades assigned for this course will be based on the percentage of total points earned and are assigned as follows:
Letter Grade Percentage Performance
A 93-100% Excellent Work
A- 90-92% Nearly Excellent Work
B+ 87-89% Very Good Work
B 83-86% Good Work
B- 80-82% Mostly Good Work
C+ 77-79% Above Average Work
C 73-76% Average Work
C- 70-72% Mostly Average Work
D+ 67-69% Below Average Work
D 60-66% Poor Work
F 0-59% Failing Work
This course will help you develop the required web application development and software engineering aspects that are necessary for web application development certifications such as Microsoft and Google certifications.
You will practice the full development life cycle of a project (planning, designing, user experience, testing, deployments, etc.) during in-class exercises, assignments, and projects, which will help you understand the steps needed for starting your own web app business.
In this course, you will practice technical and nontechnical concepts that are needed in industry:
* Managing large scale projects
* Working in teams
* Development life cycle
5 KEY BENEFITS OF CHOOSING WEB DESIGN AS A CAREER IN QATAR
1. In this digital world, an online presence is very important for business to advertise their products and services thus having a professional web developer in every company is essential here in Qatar.
2. As internet users are increasing rapidly, the number of websites are also increasing hence the demand for creative persons like web developer are also growing.
3. Web developer who have knowledge in multiple programming languages and digital tools will definitely have the highest level of job security.
4. Become a webmasters who's computer specialists and maintain websites. Webmasters are also called web administrators.
5. Web developer can work for any organization's marketing or do freelancing.
3 KEY BENEFITS OF CHOOSING WEB APPLICATION AS A SECOND CAREER
1. Web developing skill is of big help for business aspirants. Having an attractive website elevates the business and could reach a large target market.
2. In the programming process, web developer skill will be an advantage for graphic designers in transitioning the design from a single fixed page size to multiple layouts of a website.
3. Web developer gives a smooth transition from designing the page to publishing it on the web.
What makes us outstands among others are due to these top factors:
-Most exceptional creative training provider in Qatar with over 2500+ successful students
-Specialises in wide range of creative training programmes
-Programmes are 100% industry based that enables students to jump-start a career in the creative industry
-With UK international accreditations
-Highly experienced trainers both in field and in delivering training
-Students develop and build a strong and professional portfolio in line with international standards that persuades any hiring manager or potential client
-80% of our passed students excelled in higher studies, landed a job, and became successful freelancers in no time
-With 90% satisfaction rate from students
-Guaranteed students’ transformation from 0 level to certified professionals
+974 7442 2210 | +974 7060 3669 | +974 7745 2105 | +974 3091 1199