Build your career in the exciting field of event management...
Qatar is a world leader in the creation and delivery of celebratory, business and sporting events. As its event industry continues to grow and develop, supported by world class infrastructure such as the Qatar Convention Centre and new developments linked to the 2022 FIFA World Cup, so to do the opportunities for people trained in event management.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND ?
The four-day Executive Certificate in Business & Public Event Management is based on an extensive survey of event industry professionals.
The program is specifically designed to both enhance the skill and knowledge base of those already employed to plan and deliver
events, and to serve as a sound platform for people seeking to launch careers in the exciting and varied field of event management.
The program seeks to aid the career development of those employed, or seeking employment, as:
- Corporate in-house event organizers
- Special event coordinators/managers
- Conference/meeting planners
- Charity event organisers
- Festival planners
- Exhibition organizers
- Wedding planners
- Government event planners/coordinators
- Educational institution event managers
- Sport event managers
- Hotel/resort/cruise ship event coordinators
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
In four days of practical training delivered by industry experts, you will cover the event management life cycle from concept development through to planning, implementation, shutdown and evaluation. Specifically, the program will address:
• Understanding the event context – legal, organisational, technological, social and environmental issues
• Responding to event briefs
• Establishing event goals and objectives
• Creating the event concept
• Event programming
• Theming, performance and staging
• Project managing events
• Scheduling tools and the event manual
• Event management technologies
• Venue/site selection, design and layout
• Human resource management for events
• Planning and delivering environmentally sustainable events
• Event marketing
• Risk management
• Event monitoring and control practices
• Event shutdown processes
• Evaluation and knowledge management
• Case studies
Dr Rob Harris
Former Director, Australian Centre for Event Management, University of Technology, Sydney, and UTS Business School Associate
Dr Harris has an international reputation as an event management educator having developed and delivered programs through to Masters level in locations around the world including the United Kingdom, Malaysia, China and New Zealand, as well as throughout Australia. He is a co-author of the texts Festival and Special Event Management, Event Management and the Regional Event Management Handbook. Dr Harris serves as a judge for the Australian Event Awards and as an assessor for regional event grants for several state governments. Additionally, he is a member of the editorial boards of a number of key academic journals in the field of event management